In-Character Quotes! Sept 11, 2012 21:05:09 GMT -4
Post by Deleted on Sept 11, 2012 21:05:09 GMT -4
Alright everyone out there, listen up!
Here on Plagued there are a lot of characters to go around, and a lot of priceless character dialogue or thought processes that go unnoticed. Here's the chance to solve that, along with a new feature soon to be added to the site. Basically, character story/plot/writing advertising, as it were. I only have a few rules that you have to go by, so all of you who are interested in having your precious gems of writing posted on the site's front page for all to see, please follow these instructions.
I'm asking for character quotes or short passages, be it words they've spoken, a few lines of action or deep inner thought, or a glimpse of your character's story in general. It does, however, have to be something they've already said or done prior to this thread. Meaning, please don't read this thread and sit there for hours trying to come up with something badass for one of your characters to say. When the new features are added, any time after that people can suggest lines to be added or considered. So, you're still able to take part even after this thread is added. I don't want to let down any of you new members just joining the site. ^^
The only rules I'm asking of are as follows:
- Don't put up something that degrades another person's character, unless you have their permission! The only exception being, if the character that one is talking about belongs to you as well. ex: Drew: "Ash's nose is too goddamn big!" No. @_@
- It has to relate to the site or general theme of Plagued, so no having your character blabbing on about unicorns. 'kay?
- You are only allowed a maximum of two entries. If you're one of the members who have more characters than they can count off the top of their heads, then this limit is in place for you especially. Here we have a couple hundred members, and twice to three times as many characters. So we don't have too many entries floating around, I'm putting a cap on how many each person can toss in. You ARE allowed to put quotes/passages up for inactive/dead characters. You get to submit two quotes or passages only, so two characters only, and that's it. If you want one quote and one passage, two quotes, two passages, then fine, as long as you have one or the other from both characters. If you enter something and change your mind after it's added, you ARE allowed to have it switched for a new entry. Don't worry about that.
- Only canon lines are allowed, so don't take anything from any off-topic threads you've been in.
- Don't steal any lines or passages from other people! This is a definite no, and you won't be allowed to enter anything. Also, don't use any famous quotes or lyrics from bands, video games, or movies. This clashes with the second rule, and it's not original. If I catch you taking credit for other peoples' writing, you're automatically grounded with no supper. @_@
- Only characters that have more than 10 posts can have a quote added! Rather than adding a time restraint on people (being here for so long) it'll be a requirement that your character has at least been in a thread or two. (so, 10 posts at the very least.)
- The quote must be 75 words or less. Any entries must be around that limit as well, but some may be cropped to fit in the space properly.
There's only two things I need from you, now that all is said and done. Post below, or you may PM me your entries if you'd prefer. All characters MUST be credited.
Character Name: Use their FULL name, no nicknames or first-names.
Quote/Passage: 75 words or less! There's only so much that'll fit.
I'm not putting a time limit on these yet, so if you want to take your time, you may. I know it'll probably take some of you aaaaaaaages to find just the right line(s) in one of your threads/journals somewhere, so there's no rush. I'll be putting up another announcement if there's anything else going on relating this, so keep an eye on the announcements box at the top of the site! :3